Friday, May 23, 2008

FOOTSTEPS TO CAMBODIA 1

Yellow yellow ppl....Sorry for not updating lately ( blame the ASTRO la cox i was addicted to the TVB dramas lately....I noe some of u wanted to know how was my experience to Cambodia for the mission trip....anyway it's gonna be kinda long la ( gonna break into parts)...so tahan sikit la...if tak tahan then letak sum EYEMO to freshen up ur eyes...WIthout furtherado...LETS START

The actual journey starts as soon as I made the decision to go. The journey to making that decision itself is very mentally torturing. This is my VERY FIRST mission trip, summore all the way to CAMBODIA...Worries and fears of being kidnapped, stepping into landmines and getting diseases such as hepatitis B and typhoid cholera has been a barrier for me to step into that country.

Adding more worries is when I have the worst eczema flare-ups 2-3 weeks before the trip and it was during my final exam. The mental agony deprived me of my rest, stripped me of my rationality and filling me with inner and outer restlessness. This was when the real decision steps in: to rest at home or to go Cambodia right after exam. At this moment I did not think of spiritual attack until Joann called. Many encouraged me to go but some say don’t go. I was confused to what God wants me to do. The Bible also says to rest, but it also says go and make disciples of all nation. CONFUSING rite?? I was totally unaware that satan was using the Word to make me confused, to felt as though it is God Who wants me to rest. Part of me says rest, part of me says go. I was in a tug of war, where I’m in the middle pulled by satan in one end and the other end pulled by God. I have no peace at all. Pastors and the rest of the team prayed hard for me, giving me encouragements most of the time. Not to forget GEPC, SACC and my own cell group as well. Their aggressive prayers have been answered. My skin starts to improved tremendously 1 week before Cambodia trip. Even my housemates were amazed. But some of them think it is because of the steroids not God. I believed it is God who is FAITHFUL to heal through the faithful prayers of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

I was thrilled yet worries and fears of having second flare up in Cambodia overwhelmed me. I still remember Pastor Rueben said that ‘don’t let discouragement stop you from seeing a greater miracle” and Pastor Anba who said” The devils bring sickness and God brings healing”. Satan was definitely trying his best to stop me from going to Cambodia. Yet I still need to make the decision. Now a big part of me says go. Tuesday morning, I finally made my decision to go. REALLY GO!!! Messages were being sent out to the rest of my team bout the good news. Right after that decision was being made, peace overwhelmed me. I felt as though the chains were totally broken and I felt so happy... Satan was defeated at that point (I bet that fella must be crying). And that’s when I start to prepared myself to go and let God take charge of my health. Joshua 1:9 says “ Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go”.

Many of their encouragements have kept me going. Praise God for that...

No comments: