Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Work

Its 4 days eversince i started work at HUKM...I will be in the In Patient Department (IPD) for 10 weeks...Fuh..10 WHOLE WEEKS!!! The senior PRPs and FRPs are very nice...They r willing to teach...I thank God that i get HUKM, though it is not Hosp Klang like i wanted to, but then His plans r always the best...I get to meet Eunice bak there...after 4 long years of not seeing her after Taylors, and also other PRPs from IMU are nice n fun. I enjoyed laughing n running around filling prescriptions with them in the OPD, but when Kak Noor or Mr Dexter calls out our name when theres an error in filling, then no fun liao...hehe...Mr Dexter's fav sentence " I'm waiting for the new ones to make mistakes!!" STRESS!!! Adrenalin rush-lah!!

So whats my job description in IPD!!!?? Its kinda diff from the one in HKL during my clinical years in UCSI!! IPD here is divided into ward and dangerous drug act (DDA)..I have to screen the antibiotic prescription, call the staff nurse or pharmacist to confirm the drugs, doses, etc, manage JKPU drugs, filling, prepare morphine sulphate *Morphine Day*, jaga the dangerous drugs, learn purchasing, etc...I got 10 weeks to master all this...Puan Sharifah one of the clinical pharmacist in charge told us that we should learn as much as possible during the PRP year, before we get kick to any KKM hospital for FRP cox some KKM hosp may not have some facilities/dept for us to learn...so better learn as much as I could in PRP year.."KENOT BE SHY, JUST ASK IF TAK TAU!!! LEARN FROM MISTAKES!!!" This is what she said...I'm glad that the pharmacists here r nice n willing to teach..Thank God for them...

Oh yea, I got 2 exam to take, one will be in 2nd Nov or izzit 3rd Nov!!??? Its the forensic exam...FOC!! But the course/seminar/tutorial is RM 100 plus...POKAI!! Now still reconsidering whetehr to go a not for the tutorial since last time we were taught before ma.... 2nd exam is ORSkills or known as Oral Counseling Skills here..We have to pass this exam before we can start to counsel patients in ward...I have to learn to counsel in Cantonese oso...

One good thing I notice bout HUKM is, this is a teaching hospital oso... *Thumbs Up* So all PRPs have to go for some xtra classes after work which starts today actually... The Clinical Pharmacist will teach us on how to counsel the patients on the common diseases they suffer..eg: Asthma, Diabetes, Cardiovascular etc and oso on the techniques of using the inhalers, Novopen, etc...Class is about 1 hour...and it really benefits us to understand the proper technique to handle the patient...

Aiyo, nearly lupa, God, thank you for providing my transport for the past few days especially to work thru Jonathan.. At least i save half of the money for these few days...Lord, I pray that You will continue to bless him in every area of his life and I pray for his salvation as well...Thanks so much God...I pray that You will continue to provide for my transportation in d future, even if Jon kenot fetch me anymore...I trust in You!!

Neway, i makaning halfway now..wanna continue makan liao..!! Till then...Byez!! God Bless folks...

No comments: